Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Possibilities

I have looked for you all of my life.

In the faces of strangers

In the places I’ve wandered

In the things that brought me momentary joy.

In the people who snatched my trust, shattered my heart

And crushed my spirit.

Yet I continued to look.

In my thoughts and plans, silly schemes

Memories, current moments, future dreams

I saw you.

You were there

Somewhere just beyond my reach,

Yet already tucked away in my heart

Waiting to develop at the precise and intended moment.

Maybe all the pain and frustration

Loneliness and bad decisions

Were just a prelude to the current respite I feel.

In time, I will know if this is different

If this is real and permanent

Or just more of the same old mundane

Wishful thinking?

I know the answer.

1 comment:

melissa said...

Oh, Kim!! This is so beautiful- brought tears to my eyes! You are such an incredible writer! Love you!